How to spend a winter tasting weekend in Santorini!
Santorini has officially “worn her winter clothes“. There are few tourists, but the island is never evacuated. Many hotels, restaurants, wineries and other Santorini businesses are still operating and serve visitors. Santorini private tours are also available to travel you to all the beauties Santorini has to offer apart from swimming at the most famous beaches. Winter is the best season to enjoy the special food tastes Santorini has to offer!
3 reasons why one should visit Santorini in winter
- It is really quiet. In the summer, Santorini becomes a crowded holiday spot filled up with tourists and everything a popular destination includes. However, there are people who also appreciate the calmness of winter. You can spend hours walking around undisturbed through the stoned roads or just watching the endless blue sea.
- It’s cheaper. From flights to accommodation… everything is much cheaper than full season.
- Due to the weather conditions photos are much more beautiful. Stormy skies, cloudy skies and a pinch of the sun can give you a photo for your memory book that stands out!
The weather generally in Santorini and all the other Greek islands is mild with a lot of sunshine. But it can also be rainy and windy.
Book a Santorini Private Tour and make the most of your winter experience!
A 5-hour tour that will allow you to discover the most prominent locations of the island. With a professional guide at your aid, travel in luxurious fully equipped private mini-buses through breathtaking landscape and explore scenic villages as well as ancient ruins, admire the local architecture and be impressed by the spectacular views and sunset.
Aided by our knowledgeable guide, embark on this unique journey through some of the most magical and alluring highlights of the island. Soak up the scenic villages and footpaths, traditional houses, blue-roofed churches, majestic landscapes and seascapes before sitting down to enjoy delicious traditional favourites of the island.
Our customized tours enable you to shape your experience of the island according to your individual preferences and desires. Our knowledgeable guide will be your assistant in determining the ideal Santorini island tour for you and there is no shortage of wonders to select from: idyllic villages, places of historical interest, majestic views, local cuisine and wine and many more.
Plus, during the winter, every first Sunday of the month offers free entrance to all the museums and archaeologic sites across Greece which can lead to some significant savings.
The tangerine sunset of Santorini is without a doubt the most celebrated one – a true inspiration and uplifting sight for so many… This tour captures the magic of the evening sky and makes sure your breath will be taken away by visiting locations with the most spectacular views. After a stop at a famous winery overlooking the caldera, we will visit the iconic Blue Dome Church in Firostefani, and finish our Santorini private tour with watching the sunset at the scenic village of Oia.
See more about Santorini Private Tours in winter:
- 5 reasons to go to Santorini in October
- Santorini Summer 2019
- Top 10 Restaurants in Santorini
- Santorini: A Great Gastronomic World
- Book a Santorini Private Tour to take the Most Memorable Photos in Instagram!
- Five magical shades of Santorini Tours
- The top Santorini Tours
- Santorini, the island that never rests