Santorini Historical Private Tour
This 5 hours historical private tour guided by an English speaking archaeologist. Discover the prehistoric city that remained buried for almost four thousand years. Meet the history and culture of this magic island on a guided tour at Ancient Thera, Akrotiri Archeological Site, Archeological Museum Fira and Museum of Prehistoric Thira.
Meet your friendly guide and enjoy the private tour with the comfortable, clean, air conditioned with big windows and audio mini buses.
We will make our first stop at the Ancient Thera. In this place there are archaeological remains from Roman and Hellenistic civilizations and from buildings erected by the Egyptian Ptolemies.
The ruins include temples, houses with mosaics, an agora, a theatre and a gymnasium. The excellent location offers you a splendid view of the sea and the neigbouring villages.
Open hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 08:30 am – 15:00 pm
Akrotiri Archeological Site
The excavations at Akrotiri archreological place have uncovered one of the most important prehistoric settlements of the Aegean. In this Minoan city almost all parts of the buildings have survived apart from the roofs.
You can walk along the streets and squares of the city and see installations for storage and theworkshops. Akrotiri archeological site is the most important prehistoric settlement in the Eastern Mediterranean. Alsa, Akrotiri could be characterised as the prehistoric Pompeii of the Aegean.
Open hours: November, December, Janary, Februar, March from 08:00 – 15:00.
Open hours: April, May, June, July, Augousr, September, Oct from 08:00 am – 20:00 every day.
Archeological Museum Fira
Next stop is at Archeological Museum Fira. There, you will see painted vessels, ceramics and inscriptions from the excavations in Ancient Thera. In this museum will have the opportunity to see impressive frescoes and even many remains of prehistoric times.
Open Tuesday to Sunday from 08:30 – 15:00 pm
Museum of Prehistoric Thira
The last stop is Museum of Prehistoric Thira. The Museum has a very large number of ancient artefacts from excavations in the sites of Akrotiri and other Cyclades islands. There are four sections, one for the history of Fira, one for the geology of Fira, one it’s about finds from Neolithic era and the last section includes collection from Akrotiri.
Open: Tuesday to Sunday from 08:30 – 15:00
Guided Private Tours in Santorini
Private tours in Santorini are conducted by professional local guides. To discover every place that worths to see when you visit this unique island, choose a guided tour. There are private guided tours on the date and time you prefer.
There are many benefits to letting someone else take on all the details that come with having the perfect vacations. Santornitours guarantees you will never miss the highlights in this island. Our guided tours offer an exciting opportunity to discover every place that matches your specific area of interest.
Santorini Historical Private Tour
- Duration: 5 hours
- All private tours include vehicles
- Guide in languages English, Spanish, French, German, Russian with no extra cost
|Size of Group||Price per hour||Price per 5 hours|
|1-6 Guests||50€ per hour||250€ for 5 hours tour|
|7-10 Guests||65€ per hour||325€ for 5 hours tour|
|11-14 Guests||75€ per hour||375€ for 5 hours tour|
|15-20 Guests||85€ per hour||425€ for 5 hours tour|
- Private Tours depart from Santorini. Pickup points:
1. Santorini Airport
2. Santorini Port
3. Santorini Cruise Ship (Cable Car in Fira
- Cruise passenger pick-up: From the port, you will take the cable car up to Fira town. The journey with a cable car takes 3 minutes and costs 5€. The place you will meet your guide is at the cable car’s exit in Fira town. Don’t forget to write the name of your ship and the time that it will arrive at the port when you booking the private tour.
- Hotel pick-up: Include the name of your hotel and our guide will pick you up there.
- End Point: Our mini buses will drop you off at the same place.
In order to book a private tour you have to pay a deposit of €50. The balance will be paid in cash at the end of the tour.
If you cancel the private tour at least 7 days before the departure, you will not pay cancellation fee. If you cancel the tour 3-6 days before the departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Book A Private Tour Now
Book now and discover our amazing private tours in Santorini!
See more about Private Tours:
- Santorini Sightseeing Private Tour
- Santorini Exclusive Shore Private Tour
- Santorini Impressive Caldera Private Tour
- Santorini Wine and History Private Tour
- Santorini South Part Private Tour
- Santorini North Part Private Tour
- Santorini Private Wine Private Tour
- Santorini Sunset Private Tour
- Santorini Sunset & Wine Tasting Private Tour
Feel free to ask anything about this private tour on the comment section below.