Gay Friendly Tours in Santorini
Santorini is a beautiful Greek island in the middle of Aegean Sea, south of Mykonos and above Crete. Even though Mykonos is a well known and well established gay friendly destination, Santorini has also many attractions for the gay people.
Today, the towns of Fira, Imerovigli and Oia literally cling to the top of the cliffs overlooking the caldera. The views rank as some of the most dramatic in the world.
The island is a gay friendly destination and attracts lot of tourists who are gay. You will not feel alone and whether you are travelling with your keen or alone, you have a great chance to find another gay partner there or your infinite soul mate.
Santorini is almost a perfect holiday destination and it is considered to be one of the top five islands according to travelandleisure website.
Sanrtorini has many amenities for the LGBT community, and a gay traveler will never feel daunted here.
With Santorinitours you can find the ideal solution. Υou have the opportunity to visit the most important and beautiful places of this island with local guides. See the island’s highlights on a full day private tour and you can live gay friendly tours and live this unique experience.
Gay Friendly Beaches in Santorini
Santorini has the most beautiful beaches on its eastern and southern coast. The beaches are great and well-organised with sun loungers.
The island’s unique geology of the beaches is the result of one of the largest volcanic eruptions in recorded history, some 3,600 years ago.
There are two gay friendly popular nudist beaches. You must have a car to get to Koloumbos beach, 8.5 km from the capital, Fira. You can eat traditional food taverna Soulis in Baxedes. When you reach the beach, after 100m further to the left to reach the gay popular section.
One of the best nudist beaches and easy to reach is Vlychada. You can go the resort of Perivolos on foot or by bus. As it’s easy to access, it’s more straight.
If you are keen on something different we think that the best place for sunbathing is on the terrace of a hotel overlooking the caldera.
For any questions, about gay friendly tours or if you would like to book a private transfer, please feel free to contact us.
Gay traveler tips
- Discover the experience of your gay honeymoon in Santorini into the ultimate romantic trip, by staying in a luxurious hotel with caldera view and a private infinity-edge pool.
- Santorini is one of the most islands that is quite popular among the Lesbian audience from all over the world, mostly because of its breathtaking beauties and overall intellectual atmosphere.
- Vlychada Beach is the hottest and most popular “gay” beach in the island of Santorini, followed by Koloumbos and Exomitis Beaches, which also have a gay-friendly attitude.
- The best restaurants are in Oia, while Fira and Imerovigli have a wide variety of dining restaurants. For better prices, but still great food, visit the smaller villages. You can visit Sunset Ammoudi Tavern, Fanari Restaurant and Pyrgos Restaurant.
- A local product of Santorini is a white eggplants, can be enjoyed on their own or in a local moussaka dish, accompanied by potatoes & zucchini.
- A catamaran cruise around the Volcano and Santorini’s coastal areas is an experience you can’t miss
- Pick your favorite spot, take your partner in your arms and see the incredible Sunset of Santorini, probably the most famous in the world.
- During the summer months, in July and August, many cultural events take place in Santorini, such as music concerts, plays and outdoor performances. Choose a gay friendly and you are going to have a good time.
- A Santorini sunset & Wine Tasting Private tour during your holidays to Santorini is definitely a must-do. Some of the best local wine varieties are Assyrtiko, Athiri, Aidan, Mantilaria and Mavrotragano.
- The beaches of Santorini are quite unique: there aren’t any long, sandy beaches here, however the volcanic eruption has created some of the most peculiar and stunning beach settings.
- Most beaches in Santorini are surrounded by rocks, so you have to climb in order to reach them. There are some beaches with easier access, especially on the southern side of the island.
- Choose a discrete gay friendly hotel like Margarenia Studios in Emporio, Santorini.
We are looking forward to meet you and guide you to a private tour on the island!