3 reasons to visit Santorini off season
The island of Santorini is considered one of the most famous destinations in the world. Most visitors to the island are foreigners from all over the world. In Santorini Private Tours, we know about the natural beauty of the island, the enchanting sunset, the volcano, the unique view, the wonderful food and wines are some of the reasons that everyone wants to visit the island. We will report information on Santorini holidays, accommodation, food, ferry services and beaches.
Visit the island of Santorini
Santorini or Thira belongs to the Cyclades and is the most famous destination by people from all over the world. It is a beautiful island where the view is breathtaking for a romantic vacation. The clear blue waters on the beaches of the island with quick access, the good food with the original dishes as the ingredients are of excellent quality from the land of Santorini can be enjoyed by the visitors. The unique view from many parts of the island as well as the cosmopolitan life in restaurants, cafes and bars, the walks in the narrow streets, the organized beaches, the archeological sites, the countless wineries of the area also entice tourists to visit it.
The famous Caldera invites you to visit it and photograph the beautiful colors of the sunset. The contrast of the white houses with the blue sky, the small churches with the blue roofs make the backdrop unique. The famous volcano with black and red stone and the beaches that take their name from the color of the rocks enchants the visitors who do not stop photographing the landscape. Photographing the most beautiful sunset in the world with the sun disappearing in the depths of the Aegean Sea, even weddings and various events take place in Santorini Famous fashion magazines and designers photograph their clothes advertising Santorini around the world.
Admire the famous Sunset
You can also admire the most famous sunset of Greece from the alleys and terraces of Oia but unfortunately in these places there is always a lot of people. This is why you need the 3 reasons to visit Santorini off season! If you want to enjoy the sunset more quietly you can see from the church of Agios Ioannis Thalassinos in Oia, from the upper neighborhood in the village of Finikia, from the settlement of Imerovigli or from the old mines in Fira. You can of course visit the island during the low season in April or May and even in October and November.
Unique beaches of Santorini
The island has many beaches with colors related to the volcano of the island. Not only white pebbles with the wonderful blue color of the Aegean sea, but black, white and red beaches are some of the rarest beaches in the whole world. It is a magnificent scenery which will for sure enchant you.
The beaches in detail:
- White Beach: A small beach with black sand and pebbles with high cliffs. It is an organized beach with sunbeds and umbrellas. You can only arrive by boat and you must have supplies with you as there is no restaurant or canteens in the area.
- Red beach: Very beautiful beach of Santorini with red and black rocks. The waters are dark blue and red sand but also black pebbles. It is an organized beach with sunbeds and umbrellas. The unique beauty of the area that is worth visiting.
- Kamari: A beach organized with sunbeds and umbrellas, cafes, restaurants and taverns. The beach consists of black sand and very clear waters.
- Monolithos: It is an organized beach that is recommended for families with children as it has a playground and a lifeguard. The waters are shallow and black sand. You will find basketball and beach volleyball courts, cafes, taverns, cafes and hotels.
- Perivolos: A beach with fine sand, deep waters, very clear waters and huge. It is usually very crowded with famous beach bars, water sports, taverns and cafes.
- Baxedes – Paradise: Another large beach, shallow waters that we recommend for young children. With Greek sand, organized beach with umbrellas and sunbeds and many hotels.
- Gialos: Below Fira is a quiet organized beach Gialos with clear blue waters, black sand and rocky hills behind the coast
Sights and activities in Santorini
There are many activities that can be done in Santorini. So you can walk in the alleys of the island. You will visit and enjoy the view of the caldera and you will enjoy the sunset from Oia. You can also take the cable car to see the island from above. In addition, there are many archeological sites and museums that one can visit in order to get to know the culture and history of the island.
Here are some famous attractions in Santorini:
- Prehistoric settlement of Akrotiri
- Museum of Prehistoric Thera
- Archaeological Museum of Thera
- Nautical Museum of Thera
- Thematic village “Santorini that left”
- Folklore Museum of Santorini
- Museum of Minerals and Fossils
Take a tour with Santorini Private tours
In Santorini Private Tours, we can offer you a unique and customized experience. We are delivering tours around the whole island either in small groups or bigger ones. We will offer you a guide, transportation and information depending on the nature of the tour you will choose. Choose between archaeological tours, gastronomic tours, historical tours, volcano tours or create your own route! It really depends on your preferences!